Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Polly - 12 weeks

I can't believe Polly is already 12 weeks old.  Time has really flown by.   She's at least doubled in size already.  I think I may only do a Polly update each month now because I don't want to bore you all to tears with all the puppy posts.  I've become one of those obnoxious new mothers!  




Polly is very good in the car.  She looks around for a bit and then falls asleep.  I can even leave her for a few minutes in the car and she just like this when I come back.  I make sure to take her in the car everywhere we go (the nice thing about having a puppy in the winter... the car doesn't get hot) so she can get used to the car.


Frozen carrots make a great puppy teething treat!  Polly approves.


Polly loves her Charlotte.


Polly and I have been going on adventures in our woods lately. 

She loves the smells and the sticks she can pick up.  She heard a noise in this picture but she didn't want to drop the big branch she found.

I think this is my favorite picture of her yet.  I love how everything but her is blurry.  She runs towards me like this when I bend down and call her name.  I love that girl.


What a face.  This is her, "I'm being so sweet. Surely you have a treat for me" face.



Why are puppies and babies so darn cute when they sleep?




I took Polly to visit my mom and Mark this past weekend.  She met the chickens.  Luckily she's curious but afraid of them. No chasing... at least yet.

She LOVES her friend Gromit.  Gromit likes her too but finds her bouncy poodle play a bit much to deal with.  He says that Jack Russell/ShihTzu's don't play like that.


On the way home we went through the car wash.  I held her on my lap and gave her treats to keep her from being scared. I don't think she liked the car wash but she didn't panic either.

This is what happens after you play with Gromit for 2 hours and then go through a car wash.





I gave Polly another bath and blow-dry this past weekend.  I just love the way she looks and feels after being bathed and dried.  So soft and so fluffy.  I also painted her nails this week. Doesn't she look pretty in pink?





Polly and Gromit play





I'm working on "Come" with Polly.  I had to call her twice here because of the distractions of outside but she's doing really well for a puppy.





She discovered the squeaker in her toys this past week. Let's just say she's a big fan. 



Her 12 week vet check went very well and the doctor is happy with how she's growing. 

Weight: 15.5 pounds
Height: 15" at shoulders


2 comments:

katiegirl said...

She sure is getting big! I love her pink nails!

Momma/Deb said...

What a dear little girl! I am so happy that she fits so well with the family and is such a happy girl! I can't wait for her to come over again and maybe I will get a little snuggle time with her once she's played out! Great job with the training! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10